Wednesday, January 23, 2013

My Little Artist

Elijah LOVES drawing. He likes me to staple pages together so he can just draw a bunch of pictures in a book. I keep papers and pencils in a place where the kids can reach them so that they can sit and draw whenever an idea comes to mind. Elijah is often expressing his thoughts through paper. I love seeing his drawings. And his drawings almost always have a story to them, so I love to ask him what his picture is about, cuz I get a whole cute little story from his very creative mind. Today, he drew a picture and it was a very proud moment for me as a mama. Take a look:

For those who do not recognize this dragon- it is a very special dragon! This is Trogdor, from www.homestarrunner.com It is a really funny, popular website that my husband particularly likes and the kids love to watch the cartoons on it with him.
Here is the original Trogdor as seen on homestarrunner! :) Elijah drew his picture from memory without looking at this one, so for a 5 year old,  I think he did amazing! I can't wait to see where this interest in art takes him? Are we looking at the future Michelangelo? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment