Monday, January 28, 2013

Creative Genius

My son Elijah (age 5) is a creative genius. He took a blank printer paper, drew a whole bunch of writing lines on it (some straighter than others!), then came up to me. "Mommy," he said in the sweetest voice, "Could you please write everything I say on this paper?"  How could a person refuse that? So I sat down and became his scribe. This is his story. (He even titled it) 

Robot Domination

If they zap you, you turn into a robot too. And then you are a part of their team. The robots are bad guys. How to destroy them is to play all the games you love. When robots get destroyed, they cannot get back built again. They were built a long time ago and now no one knows how to fix them. The robot maker has a mustache that looks like a robot. That is why his name is called Robot Builder. He knows how to fix robots too. But, when robots die they disappear forever. 

The End. 


I love how he had a story in his head and really wanted to get it out! I love how he sought me for help. :) I love how the robot maker has a mustache shaped like a robot....how cool is that? And I love the title...WOW, brilliant title. For a 5 year old just learning to read and write, I think this is a great beginning. I hope to encourage him to continue to develop this talent. And I'm glad I was there for him when he needed me to help. 

Come to think of it, his story reminds me a little bit of Reboot! I LOVED that show as a kid. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment